[OpenAFS-devel] rxk5 openafs - m49,m50

Marcus Watts mdw@umich.edu
Mon, 09 Apr 2007 01:34:41 -0400

Here are a set of new patches for openafs + rxk5:
/afs/umich.edu/group/itd/build/mdw/openafs/patches/afs-rxk5-r1517-m49.patch.bz2
/afs/umich.edu/group/itd/build/mdw/openafs/patches/afs-rxk5-r1518-m50.patch.bz2

m49 is based on openafs 1.5.17, and should be applied to it.

m50 is based on openafs 1.5.18, and should be applied to it.

Since m48, the following changed:

/1/ windows fixes:
	this has cm_properties.c & related.
	(from matt).
/2/ solaris 10/11 changes
	bozo/bos.c needs termios.h
	aklog/klog.c: hack to avoid initialize_krb5_error_table,
		krb5_cc_register,krb5_mcc_ops which don't exist in
		solaris kerberos.
	ptserver/testpt.c: now builds without rxk5.
/3/ solaris (also linux)
	mapfile and .exp files now generated from
	new ".proto" file using config/config and sed.
	aix, amd64_linux, i386_linux, and solaris all need
	slightly different stuff here.  solaris objects to
	exporting functions that aren't defined.
	solaris SHLIB_LINKER assumed mapfile; linux didn't (does now).
/4/ config/config: now accepts wildcards (of a sort), allowing
	things like:
	<all -amd64_linux2*>
	This is needed for the mapfile/*.exp logic.
/5/ auth/afs_token.xg: compile even without rxk5.
	MAX_KEY_LENGTH is in tagged data
	which isn't just for rxk5.

Matt's windows fixes were known to work when applied
against m47.  They "should" work here (this isn't
tested yet).

The solaris 10/11 fixes suffice to make things link
when built without rxk5, mit kerberos, or openssl.
The solaris kerberos doesn't export all that rxk5 needs
(usual problem).  openssl appears not be standard in solaris,
probably not surprising.  In theory, with heimdal, mit,
or openssl, rxk5 should be possible.  (I haven't gotten
to this yet.)

m49 builds on i386 and amd64 (linux), and on solaris 10/11.  m50
builds on i386.  No other testing yet, sorry.

Matt is working on using "afsrpc" to transfer tokens more
securely to afsd.  I hope to start work on the secure cache manager
interface (to the fileserver), as soon as work+life let me.

			-Marcus Watts