[OpenAFS-devel] Solaris afs.rc file damage

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 09 Apr 2007 10:04:11 -0400

In message <Pine.GSO.4.61-042.0704082305230.1487@johnstown.andrew.cmu.edu>,Derr
ick J Brashear writes:
>> 	5.7
>> 	5.8
>> 	5.9, 5.10
>> 	5.5 and anything else (5.6).
>
>Really, we should rewrite all the rc scripts. But no one's had time.

i suspect the big difference with most of these scripts is the editing
of the name_to_sysnum.  however, i dont like this 'each release gets a
different syscall number'.  it would be nice if afs would probe for an
empty slot in the syscall table and the userspace utilities would find
a use this syscall number.  at the very least, the userspace binaries
should do this.

>It is. As to why not in a separate rc, well, historical. And we won't be
>distributing package anymore anyway.

it should be moved to obselete.  there are better choices out their now
(like cfengine) for this type of thing.