[OpenAFS-devel] Solaris afs.rc file damage

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:11:43 -0700

Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> writes:

> When we added support for an alternate user/kernel interface on Linux
> (via /proc/fs/openafs/afs_ioctl), we did so _very_ slowly, and only
> because we were afraid a time would come when it would become impossible
> to support the old interface.  At present, the old interface is still
> supported whenever possible (which is most of the time), and is used
> preferentially when available.

For whatever it's worth, having been in a lot of that code recently, I'm
fairly sure that the /proc/fs/openafs/afs_ioctl method is used
preferentially on Linux and the system call is only done as a fallback.