[OpenAFS-devel] Solaris afs.rc file damage

Dean Anderson dean@av8.com
Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:58:17 -0400 (EDT)

I'm thinking that perhaps we are going to need 2 kinds of kernel
modules, one that uses afs_syscall (possibly statically linked), and one
that uses ioctl, and userspace framework that works with both.

If Linux is already working with both, this is already done or mostly
done; and we just need a configure option to select which kind of module
to build or build both for binary packages.  We just need to extend this
scheme to all platforms.

I think Tom's performance work should work either way, though a little
bit slower as an ioctl.

			--Dean

617 344 9000