[OpenAFS-devel] status of src/tests

Alberto Mancini mancini@math.unifi.it
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 17:29:50 +0200 (CEST)

> Oh, dear.  There's a copy of dumptool in there?  That's probably as
> out-of-date as the copy of my volume dump utilities, the latest version of
> which can be found in /afs/grand.central.org/software/dumpscan.

Yes but, where is dumptool if not in the tests directory ?
the path (found in src/tests/README.dumptool)
   /afs/transarc.com/public/afs-contrib/dumptool/
is not valid (at least, the cell  transarc.com is not in the
grand.central.org CellServDB file).

> It is probably the case that dumptool provides functionality not currently
> available from the dumpscan tools and libraries.  I would be glad to accept
> patches to correct this situation.

actually, dumpscan in /afs/grand.central.org/software/dumpscan
can be compiled (with some work) but does not recognize my dumps

afsdump_dirlist: Bad magic number in AFS volume dump Invalid page tag
(41235) in page 0
*** 1 errors
*** FAILED: Bad magic number in AFS volume dump
My mistake ?

Sincerely,
 			Alberto Mancini