[OpenAFS-devel] Question about RHEL 3 version of 1.4.4

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:13:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007, Randy Philipp wrote:

> We are having problems compiling the Redhat 3 version of openafs 1.4.4
> from the source RPM.  We have two problems:
>
> 	- Parsing error with build_authlib not being defined
>
> We have resolved this issue by defining build_authlib on the command
> line, but it is a little bit of a pain.

On amd64 (not i386) authlib doesn't work on rhel3. On i386 it should be
fine. The authlib definition fun in the specfile is just to attempt to
deal with that.

> 	- autoconf complaining about version of autoconf
>
> RedHat 3 is currently using autoconf 2.57, yet when autoconf is run in
> afs-krb5/src, it is requiring an autoconf version 2.58.
>
> Please let me know if there is a solution to this problem.  We wanted to
> push openafs 1.4.4 out, but this issue is a hinderance, since we like to
> roll our own RPMs so we set ThisCell correctly for our cell, as well as
> set a few other options.  I hope to hear from you soon.

One solution is to upgrade autoconf on your build host.
I assume you want some other solution, but, that's the solution I used
when building.