[OpenAFS-devel] N800, Mobile AFS, and changing IP addresses

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:10:51 -0400

Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
> --On Monday, April 28, 2008 06:40:31 PM -0400 Derrick Brashear

>>>  If by "tune the AFS timeouts" you mean "make them smaller", don't do
>>>  that.
>>
>> The right thing to do is to use the network stack to notice, if at all
>> possible, that you have no network.
>
> Exactly so.

Ok, so what is the consensus on what to do for the N800?

Right now, I have the following:

1.  notify afsd of new interfaces like Darwin
2.  cause all of the servers to be re-checked

Should anything be done when a network interface is dropped? Should I
just let afsd handle that?

Should I worry about the captive portal case where the net is blocked,
then unblocked a few minutes later? I was thinking of monitoring that
somehow and telling afsd to recheck things.

Since things do work with my startup script and afs works with the
captive portal case, albeit sluggishly at first, I think I'll focus on
packaging for now and work on some of these changes later.

Sincerely,
Jason