[OpenAFS-devel] php-(a)fs

Alberto Mancini mancini@math.unifi.it
Fri, 12 Dec 2008 13:03:03 +0100 (CET)

We are considering wrapping just the call to pioctl but the use
of the the ViceIoctl parameter in pioctl is quite, say, c-ish:

e.g. VIOCGETVOLSTAT fills viceioctl.out with struct VolumeStaus
(concatenated with the volume name, actually) and
recovering the data in php seems not-so-polite.

May be we will end with a wrapped pioctl that and a few
opcode-specific ViceIoctl converters to get the data
where required (ACLs are an example where php procssing is
straightforward).

Alberto.