[OpenAFS-devel] php-(a)fs

Alberto Mancini mancini@math.unifi.it
Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:59:33 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
I am going to release the initial version of the afs module for php
where pioctl is wrapped (and a couple of helpers are provided to decode
manipulation of permissions in php).
Finally, there is in the code a rudimentary attempt to provide access
to vldb (i.e. I'm trying to mimic vos examine, needs work).

Actually, I have a couple of questions:
(I hope the first one is not off-topic)

1. there are license issues ?
     i.e. what kind of license is ``compatible`` with openafs ?
     (a)GPL ? BSD ? apache ? ... ?

2. the most complex part of writing the code was ``choosing libraries``;
    there is a best practice ?
    or better: there is somewhere documentation about the libraries
    generated building openafs and their ``purpose`` ?

3. pioctl opcode VIOCGETVOLSTAT gives a VolumeStatus where
    ``Type`` is always 1;
    a bug, a feature or, my misunderstanding ?

Sincerly,
 			Alberto.