[OpenAFS-devel] Tracing NameToId

Barry Fawthrop barry@isscp.com
Mon, 06 Apr 2009 13:16:19 -0400

Derrick Brashear wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Barry Fawthrop <barry@isscp.com> wrote:
>
>> Okay so a "thread timer" is called and another thread is called.
>>
>> I have tried sending the debug information but moderator rejected due to
>> size
>>

> sure. you put it in afs or the web and give us a url or a path, and it's not
> huge. problem solved.
>

>> So I'm going try again to use personally
>>

> My Server IP is 24.227.64.44  now where near the 182.179.15.100
>
> what's the client's IP? is nat in play?

Yes Nat is in play  My client is 192.168.0.11

Wireshark on the client can see the packets being sent to the server
Kerberos and TGS
and the initial NameToId Request to the Server

Wireshark sees multiple responses back from the server
but the client does not see them it must have already crashed.

What more besides the trace given in the last email is required ?

Thanks again