[OpenAFS-devel] Tracing NameToId

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 13:23:08 -0400

--000e0cd40204eaa06e0466e626e9

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Barry Fawthrop <barry@isscp.com> wrote:

> Derrick Brashear wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Barry Fawthrop <barry@isscp.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Okay so a "thread timer" is called and another thread is called.
> >>
> >> I have tried sending the debug information but moderator rejected due to
> >> size
> >>

> > sure. you put it in afs or the web and give us a url or a path, and it's
> not
> > huge. problem solved.
> >

> >> So I'm going try again to use personally
> >>

> > My Server IP is 24.227.64.44  now where near the 182.179.15.100
> >
> > what's the client's IP? is nat in play?
> >

> Yes Nat is in play  My client is 192.168.0.11
>
> Wireshark on the client can see the packets being sent to the server
> Kerberos and TGS
> and the initial NameToId Request to the Server
>
> Wireshark sees multiple responses back from the server
> but the client does not see them it must have already crashed.
>
> What more besides the trace given in the last email is required ?

i have no idea. i don't have time to decode the assembly and see what's up,
and really, it's not worth spending a whole lot of time on lwp anyway; in
the nearish future openafs will just use pthreads. if you want to do
experimental stuff, that might be possible now: define USE_PTHREADS when
building liblwp (e.g. in src/lwp) and then use that liblwp. or, better yet,
stop linking liblwp, librx, librxkad and company and link (only) libafsrpc,
libafsauthent, libafsutil and libpthread.

--
Derrick

--000e0cd40204eaa06e0466e626e9

wthrop <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:barry@isscp.com">barry@isscp=
rder-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding=
-left: 1ex;">
&gt; On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Barry Fawthrop &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:=
barry@isscp.com">barry@isscp.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; Okay so a &quot;thread timer&quot; is called and another thread is=
 called.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; I have tried sending the debug information but moderator rejected =
due to<br>
&gt;&gt; size<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; sure. you put it in afs or the web and give us a url or a path, and it=
&#39;s not<br>
&gt; huge. problem solved.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt; So I&#39;m going try again to use personally<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt; My Server IP is 24.227.64.44 =A0now where near the 182.179.15.100<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; what&#39;s the client&#39;s IP? is nat in play?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
Wireshark on the client can see the packets being sent to the server<br>
Kerberos and TGS<br>
and the initial NameToId Request to the Server<br>
Wireshark sees multiple responses back from the server<br>
but the client does not see them it must have already crashed.<br>
What more besides the trace given in the last email is required ?<br>
ssembly and see what&#39;s up, and really, it&#39;s not worth spending a wh=
ole lot of time on lwp anyway; in the nearish future openafs will just use =
pthreads. if you want to do experimental stuff, that might be possible now:=
 define USE_PTHREADS when building liblwp (e.g. in src/lwp) and then use th=
at liblwp. or, better yet, stop linking liblwp, librx, librxkad and company=
 and link (only) libafsrpc, libafsauthent, libafsutil and libpthread.<br>

--000e0cd40204eaa06e0466e626e9--