[OpenAFS-devel] enhance audit logs to support Sys V message queues

Steven Jenkins steven.jenkins@gmail.com
Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:23:00 -0400

I just uploaded a preliminary patch to openafs-bugs (RT #124674) that
adds support to audit logs for Sys V message queues.  In other words,
if you run this patch, instead of audit logs going to a file, they can
go to Sys V message queues.  There is an additional option to
configure if you want to experiment with this: --with-audit-interface,
with two options: file and sysvmq, defaulting to file.

As the sysvmq interface has two constraints  - it can drop log
messages if full and it has a limited message length -  there is an
audit_PrintStats() function which calls the relevant function in the
audit interface module (the file interface doesn't need it as it
doesn't have
these constraints... it could log how many times it blocked in 'audit'
though). An invocation of this function to the XCPU signal
handler is added as well, so now we can see if there are any audit
messages lost or truncated.

Note that this patch has not been tested (or applied) against 1.4.10
or 1.5.x, so there may be some integration issues.  If people think
this patch is useful, we can clean it up and integrate it.

Thanks,
Steven