[AFS3-std] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] convergence of RxOSD, Extended Call Backs, Byte Range Locking, etc.

Matt W. Benjamin matt@linuxbox.com
Fri, 24 Jul 2009 10:31:27 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Hartmut, Felix,

I see the point, it's not useful if it's only for decoration.  It does feel intuitively right to have txid, if it could be used by a family of RPCs.  Might make for cleaner interfaces for cancellation, abandonment, (not to mention futures--reversibility, delegation, ...)?

Matt