[OpenAFS-devel] Per-file ACLs

Jake Thebault-Spieker summatusmentis@gmail.com
Tue, 2 Jun 2009 19:52:36 -0700

--001e680f172c9fa67a046b68c166

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Marc Dionne <marc.c.dionne@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Were any useful documents or code produced with last year's GSOC per-file
> ACL project?  I looked around the web site but didn't see much other than a
> comment that some server-side work was "substantially completed" - which
> sounds like at least some amount of code came out of it.

Are you looking at the right project? according to
http://openafs.org/gsocthe per-file ACL project was "incomplete". I
assume this means dropped at
the half-way point, although I don't know this for sure. I do know that
http://code.google.com/soc/2008/openafs/about.html doesn't have any code
available. Considering the project was on the ideas list again for this
year, I would guess nothing usable came of it.

> I experimented last weekend with a few ideas and have a working prototype
> based on some simple (but not optimal) design choices.  I'd be curious to
> see what discussions and conclusions came out of last year's project, and
> also if anyone has made any more progress since then.
>
> Marc

Jacob Thebault-Spieker
Cell: (320) 288-6412
http://summatusmentis.com

--001e680f172c9fa67a046b68c166

nne <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:marc.c.dionne@gmail.com">marc.c=
" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0=
.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">

Hi,<br>
Were any useful documents or code produced with last year&#39;s GSOC per-fi=
le ACL project? =A0I looked around the web site but didn&#39;t see much oth=
er than a comment that some server-side work was &quot;substantially comple=
ted&quot; - which sounds like at least some amount of code came out of it.<=
/blockquote>

://openafs.org/gsoc">http://openafs.org/gsoc</a> the per-file ACL project w=
as &quot;incomplete&quot;. I assume this means dropped at the half-way poin=
t, although I don&#39;t know this for sure. I do know that <a href=3D"http:=
//code.google.com/soc/2008/openafs/about.html">http://code.google.com/soc/2=
008/openafs/about.html</a> doesn&#39;t have any code available. Considering=
 the project was on the ideas list again for this year, I would guess nothi=
ng usable came of it. <br>

(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"><br>
I experimented last weekend with a few ideas and have a working prototype b=
ased on some simple (but not optimal) design choices. =A0I&#39;d be curious=
 to see what discussions and conclusions came out of last year&#39;s projec=
t, and also if anyone has made any more progress since then.<br>

Marc<br>