[OpenAFS-devel] Proposal for capabilities support in Unix client 1.4.x

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Thu, 18 Jun 2009 18:05:52 +0200 (CEST)

> RxOSD does not meet any of these criteria.  It would be nice if we
> would have the 1.5 series promoted to 1.6 (aka the next "stable")
> by the end of the year.

Ehm, 1.5/Linux is not fit for production, so according to be useful in
production, the OSD stuff must be made against 1.4. The 1.4+OSD I have
tested is far more stable than any 1.5. I'm not talking about the
Windows versions. The 1.X+patch versus 1.(X+1)+patch conflict is not
new to the software release word, especially for OS core components.

Harald.