[OpenAFS-devel] Final Mac OS Steps

Chas Williams (CONTRACTOR) chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 21:41:58 -0400

do a 'make test' inside src/lwp.  if you can get these sample programs
to work, then the rest should work.

LWP_SP is the offset into the jmp_buf that represents the stack pointer.
jmp_buf is typically a series of longs representing a process context.
lwp bangs the sp inside a jmp_buf in an attempt to manipulate the stack
since isnt a well defined api for this (there is ucontext, but not
everyone implements this).

mac os typically uses the assembly versions of the lwp stack manipulation
code, as i recall.  you might have better luck just figuring out the
arm32 specific assembly you would need to accomplish this task.