[OpenAFS-devel] init script modification suggestion

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Tue, 5 May 2009 08:18:08 -0400

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 7:42 AM, Atro Tossavainen
<atro.tossavainen+openafs@helsinki.fi> wrote:
> (Don't know if this is useful to anybody, but here goes. =A0It's
> also not that pretty and probably not as efficient as it could be)
>
> I don't want to have dynroot on the clients because AFAIK it
> prevents me from being able to utilize a shorter symlink for our
> somewhat long cell name, and the difference between 21 characters
> of biocenter.helsinki.fi and 2 of "bi" just seems to be significant

CellAliases file is your friend, and ameliorates this argument.

> I'm perfectly aware of the fact that this is an edge case even for
> ourselves and that most folks are probably content with dynroot so
> this never becomes an issue...

I'd guess you're actually content with dynroot, and don't know it yet. ;)

--=20
Derrick