[OpenAFS-devel] init script modification suggestion

Atro Tossavainen atro.tossavainen+openafs@helsinki.fi
Sun, 17 May 2009 07:18:42 +0300 (EEST)

Derrick Brashear wrote:

> CellAliases file is your friend, and ameliorates this argument.
>
> I'd guess you're actually content with dynroot, and don't know it yet. ;)

I'm getting the impression that doing that would be replacing a bit of
configuration that's currently global and in AFS itself with something
that is per-client and in a file on each client.  I'm not sure yet
this is a good idea.  On the other hand, I do acknowledge the choice
to attach the client to a particular cell rather than dynroot is also
a configuration item in a local file on each client.

How does this affect authenticating logins against AFS?  (Yes, spare
me the argument against kaserver.  I *know*.  We might not be using
AFS by the end of this year anyway, The Them want to replace it with
SMB/CIFS/NFSv4/whatever.)

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,