[OpenAFS-devel] Re: OpenAFS Master Repository branch, master, updated. openafs-devel-1_5_65-15-ge5cf14b

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Tue, 06 Oct 2009 16:50:35 -0700

Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> writes:

> Do we want a discussion on a new framework before writing tests and
> such? I don't want to argue for something I don't have time to implement
> *now*, but I already have an image in my mind of what I am working
> towards whenever I write a test for something.

> I'm wondering how bad it is if my ideas for a framework clash with
> someone else's... but at the same time I get the feeling that if I
> submitted a working, intuitive framework with tests, it would be at
> least somewhat welcomed as something better than the existing
> src/tests/, almost no matter what it was.

I've been playing with the idea of proposing we use C TAP Harness, which
has the nice property of using the same protocol as Perl's test suite.

    http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/c-tap-harness/

The hard part is to find a way to do testing on both UNIX and Windows, and
I'm not sure C TAP Harness will get us there.