[OpenAFS-devel] Re: OpenAFS Master Repository branch, master, updated. openafs-devel-1_5_65-15-ge5cf14b

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 6 Oct 2009 21:08:08 -0500

On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 16:50:35 -0700
Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:

> I've been playing with the idea of proposing we use C TAP Harness,
> which has the nice property of using the same protocol as Perl's test
> suite.
>
>     http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/c-tap-harness/
>
> The hard part is to find a way to do testing on both UNIX and
> Windows, and I'm not sure C TAP Harness will get us there.

So far I've been using Perl and its testing classes, so +1 for TAP at
least. :)

The 'framework' is more than that, though. In particular, how we
configure what we're testing and how we set up the infrastructure are
areas I think we could most stand to improve. Running the tests in the
simple 'make check'-style process as part of a build or something is one
thing, but I'd like to be able to easily point it at a particular
existing cell, server, volume, etc and say "go test that".

I've got a vague notion of some system of dependencies where it uses
existing pieces of a cell, and creates that which doesn't already
exist... but it's, uh, vague.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net