[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Gerrit upgrade complete

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:05:21 -0500

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 12:35:57 +0100
Simon Wilkinson <sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> And now, for the big change which I trailed. With this upgrade,
> gerrit moves towards using a SHA1 hash to identify individual
> changes.

While I understand the usefulness of having this in commit messages to
track changes, is there any way we could get the old numbers displayed
in change listings? (e.g. the 'all open changes' page)

I know what change 717 is, but change
I6fd5cbb924053446689c576026f9044f78ba71be is a bit harder to remember.
Seeing only that as the identifier for a change is pretty much useless
for me.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net