[OpenAFS-devel] [GSoC 2010] Userspace NFS->AFS translator

Chas Williams (CONTRACTOR) chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:17:25 -0400

In message <k2i52d4a3891004140944z1ecf93ccj8aa79f980a74322@mail.gmail.com>,Moha
mmed Gamal writes:
>solution, and I wonder what your thoughts would be on using something
>like .uNFS for that purpose. In addition, the Solaris kernel

i have never heard of .uNFS -- where can i find out more?  i would
suggest something like unfs3.  their goals for this project are
compatible (they want a complete implementation) and it is already
ported to several platforms that afs already supports.  additionally
you should ensure that the license for whatever you choose will
allow the modified nfsd to be distributed with openafs (it would e
nice).  also unfs3 does seem to be under some sort of active development.