[OpenAFS-devel] [GSoC2010] Time line for kafs project of OpenAFS

Wang Lei wang840925@gmail.com
Tue, 27 Apr 2010 19:13:35 +0800

Hello! My name is weylan, a Chinese student from Tsinghua University.
So lucky. This is the second year of OpenAFS's GSoC project for me.
kafs is a client of OpenAFS in Linux kernel. The project of this year
are finishing the pioctl (pathless ioctl)
implementation, DNS support for kafs, kafs callback interface, a
standard keyring implementation
and kafs work with OpenAFS client in different ports.

This the timeline of the project:

Along the way, I plan on writing tests and documentation for each of
the tasks that I implement.
4-26 to 5-23
=C2=A0 =C2=A0As I had took this project last year, I could began to work on=
 it
now. Before the summer start, I could be going to implement the DNS
records project or pioctl project. Be familiar with what needed to
kernel development.

5-23 to 7-13 Before Mid-term evaluations deadline finish partly of the proj=
ect:

=C2=A0DNS AFSDB being able to obtain cell server location without using
configuration files.
=C2=A0A common pioctl implementation between kafs and OpenAFS to allow
sharing of user-space

7-13 to 8-10 =C2=A0Finish the other task of the project and improve the
documentation of project finished:

There are another three task should do. I would try to complete the
kafs callback interface. If I could finish it quickly. I would try to
do the other project:
A way for OpenAFS and kafs to be running on the same machine using
different port numbers.
Making a standard keyring implementation that would allow the client
to obtain authentication tokens that would work for both kafs and
OpenAFS.

8-10 to the end
Take a week to scrub code, improve documentation

--
Best Wish.

Wang Lei