[OpenAFS-devel] Preferred method for flagging patches as "safe to build"

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Tue, 03 Aug 2010 22:13:06 -0400

On 07/27/2010 05:48 PM, Simon Wilkinson wrote:
> On 26 Jul 2010, at 17:39, Jason Edgecombe wrote:
>

>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I want some input on how to approve patches for building with buildbot.
>> I see the following options:
>>
>> 1. Make a category in Gerrit and give certain people the ability to set
>> this category.
>> 2. Automatically build patches sent from an approved list of people and
>> additionally build anything with a +1 from that same list.
>>
> What we want is 2), but I think the best way of achieving this is by implementing 1), as follows:
>
> *) Create a new Gerrit Category - SAFE, with values of 0 or +1
> *) Create a Trusted Developers Gerrit Group. Allow them to set SAFE values.
> *) Implement a hook script that automatically gives any patch uploaded by someone in the trusted developers group a +1 SAFE score

Are there any objections to Simon's proposal? If not, I would like it to
be implemented. Now that we've started adding slaves, we need to secure
the code submissions.

Sincerely,
Jason