[OpenAFS-devel] Re: ptserver coredumps (1.5.78 on FreeBSD 8.1)

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Thu, 9 Dec 2010 21:53:45 -0500 (EST)

[jumping in late; sorry for being behind]

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010, u-openafsdev-njsf@aetey.se wrote:

> Hello Andrew,
>
> On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 01:19:17PM -0600, Andrew Deason wrote:
>>> I also tried to compile the kernel module but this did not go well
>>> nor seemed probable that it would actually work even if compiled :)
>>
>> My understanding is that it partially works on master, but is a work in
>> progress. If you're interested, you should look at the port-freebsd list
>
> I did and it did not look like I might expect 1.4 client to work
> for the moment. On the other side I am running FreeBSD as a server

I would not expect it to work, having fixed a few bugs in the code. :)

> and do not depend on the client avilability right now.
>
> 1.5.78 client compiles well and is "almost" working but not enough to
> be useful :(

As was mentioned earlier, there is developer effort being put into the
client.  In my configuration, it is useful, so if you are running into
issues, bug reports would be quite welcome, either in RT or on this list.

-Ben Kaduk