[OpenAFS-devel] Re: ptserver coredumps (1.5.78 on FreeBSD 8.1)

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Wed, 8 Dec 2010 15:01:48 -0500

<<On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 10:12:20 -0600, Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> said:

>> Ok, I wanted to give FreeBSD an extra chance.

> Well, if you're running 1.5, my first guess would be it's the 1.5 branch
> that's broken, not FreeBSD. But the rest of the email suggests we're
> just broken on FreeBSD :)

For what it's worth, 1.5.77 works fine as a client for me on an
all-ZFS FreeBSD/amd64 8.1 system (provided the memcache is used -- see
the PR about the disk cache not working on this platform -- and with
MIT Kerberos in place of the stock Heimdal).  However, I've not tried
to run a server on FreeBSD since 2004.

-GAWollman