[OpenAFS-devel] Autoconf 2.60 requirement

Steven Jenkins steven.jenkins@gmail.com
Fri, 7 May 2010 09:26:36 -0400

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 4:21 AM, Rod Widdowson <rdw@steadingsoftware.com> wr=
ote:
> I guess I care personally only in that I wasted a day in an ultimately
> fruitless attempt to get a recent autoconf/m4 onto my Centos 5 build
> environment. =A0If anyone has a proven working recipe they'd like to shar=
> (no, the fc srpms don't 'just work') I'd be grateful (like I say, I don't=
 do
> a lot of this). =A0I'll even put it into the wiki if people think that wo=
uld
> help.

My suggestion is that someone package autoconf rpms for rhel5/fc
family and post them on the OpenAFS repo.  In that way, people doing
development on RH-based systems can do a simply rpm upgrade and be off
and running.

Steven