[OpenAFS-devel] Autoconf 2.60 requirement

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Fri, 07 May 2010 19:22:27 -0400

Steven Jenkins wrote:
> On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 4:21 AM, Rod Widdowson <rdw@steadingsoftware.com> wrote:
>
>> I guess I care personally only in that I wasted a day in an ultimately
>> fruitless attempt to get a recent autoconf/m4 onto my Centos 5 build
>> environment.  If anyone has a proven working recipe they'd like to share
>> (no, the fc srpms don't 'just work') I'd be grateful (like I say, I don't do
>> a lot of this).  I'll even put it into the wiki if people think that would
>> help.
>>

> My suggestion is that someone package autoconf rpms for rhel5/fc
> family and post them on the OpenAFS repo.  In that way, people doing
> development on RH-based systems can do a simply rpm upgrade and be off
> and running.

If you provide autoconf RPMs, please put them in a different repo from
the openafs RPMs. Some people may get a a surprise if they connect to
the openafs yum repo and upgrade Redhat-supplied RPMs by accident.

Jason