[OpenAFS-devel] Re: New 'opr' include directory

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 3 Nov 2010 13:13:40 -0500

On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 18:00:33 +0000
Simon Wilkinson <sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> What I'd really like to draw people's attention to, however, is the
> new opr (OpenAFS Portable Runtime) prefix used by this package.
> Historically, we've used osi_ for our portability layer stuff, but
> this is horribly overused in the codebase. In the Unix CM, OSI refers
> to the layer that integrates the cache manager with the kernel, in the
> Windows CM, it's a different abstraction layer, and we've also got
> libosi floating around as well.
>
> So, it seemed to make sense to start afresh. The intention of the opr_
> layer is that it contains utilities which are completely cross
> platform. At the moment, it is just queues, but my intention is to
> move the rx_atomics code into the opr_ layer shortly, and I suspect
> other things will follow.

I'm a little confused by the organizational intention here. You made an
include/opr directory, but the queue source itself is still in util/ ?
Is the plan to keep whatever code according to the current directories
but just putting the 'public' headers in include/opr ?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net