[OpenAFS-devel] Re: New 'opr' include directory

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Wed, 3 Nov 2010 18:26:12 +0000

> I'm a little confused by the organizational intention here. You made =
an
> include/opr directory, but the queue source itself is still in util/ ?
> Is the plan to keep whatever code according to the current directories
> but just putting the 'public' headers in include/opr ?

I see this as a midway step. Currently all of the headers from util =
install either into afs/* or into the top level of our include hierarchy =
- neither of which is ideal for something as ambiguously named as =
'queue.h'. Also, there's no convention at all for symbol prefixes in the =
current util library, and util_queue seemed as bad as just 'queue'. So, =
I wanted to have somewhere else for queue.h to live, and I needed that =
soon.

My longer term plan is to rationalise util out of existence. We've =
already pulled a lot of the pure portability code out of this, and into =
libroken (where it originally came from, and where it really belongs). =
That's going to just leave us with real utility functions. I hope we can =
examine these and move them either into a new 'opr' library or into the =
library they're called from.

Hopefully that clears things up!

Cheers,

Simon.