[OpenAFS-devel] New 'opr' include directory

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 3 Nov 2010 15:36:20 -0400

On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 18:00:33 +0000
Simon Wilkinson <sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> So, it seemed to make sense to start afresh. The intention of the
> opr_ layer is that it contains utilities which are completely cross
> platform. At the moment, it is just queues, but my intention is to
> move the rx_atomics code into the opr_ layer shortly, and I suspect
> other things will follow.

i like the idea.  i have considered it for a while (however i was
thinking there should just be an osi/ tree somewhat like afs/ rx/)

how crossplatform? there are some things that are duplicated (or near
enough that i think they could be merged/shared) between the rx and
afs (the mutex code for instance) code.  while these would have a
common api, they wouldnt be cross platform without some
ifdef/os-specific files.