[OpenAFS-devel] Fileserver deadlocks on Ubuntu Hardy during peak load

Steve Simmons scs@umich.edu
Tue, 7 Sep 2010 14:17:13 -0400

On Sep 6, 2010, at 7:30 AM, Linus Widstr=F6mer wrote:

> we have started to experience fileserver hangs on our Ubuntu Hardy =
fileservers running 1.4.6.dfsg1-2+ubuntu0.1
>=20
> The problem seems to be related to high users load . . .
>=20
> We have managed to catch a core dump of a stalled fileserver and it =
seems as all active threads are waiting for a lock . . .

There were a number of locking fixes/improvements made in the 4.6 -> =
4.10 or 4.11 cycle; see the release notes. I don't know if they affect =
your particular instance, but my first recommendation would be to try =
1.4.current on the affected servers.