[OpenAFS-devel] Re: What data from production environments could help OpenAFS development?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 22 Aug 2011 10:05:12 -0500

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 11:17:26 -0400
Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:

> I was wondering. What data from production environments would be helpful
> for the OpenAFS developers?

I'm pretty sure at least Tom would be interested in the xstat data
(xstat_cm_test, xstat_fs_test). You can run them pretty often with
almost no impact (as in, on the order of once every few seconds), and
the xstat data will actually show how little impact the calls make.

Just storing the output of the commands is pretty inefficient, though. I
believe Tom was going to release some tooling soon for (among other
things) recording and storing that data over time.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net