[OpenAFS-devel] possible issue with 1.6.0-1 and fedora 15

Todd Lewis utoddl@email.unc.edu
Tue, 06 Dec 2011 16:13:21 -0500

I'm running a Fedora 15 box with nightly yum updates, kernel
2.6.41.1-1.fc15.i686, and an openafs-client 1.6.0-1 with a dkms-generated
kernel module. Since Thursday (2011-12-1) night's updates, I'm getting
occasional machine lockups that seem to be associated with AFS file
access. Yesterday I was able to reliably lock up the machine by attempting
to attach a file from AFS in Thunderbird. I've also seen a few lockups
when opening a GNOME Terminal where some of the startup files hit AFS.
However I cannot definitely associate the problem to AFS; it just "feels"
related. There's no debugging possible after the lockup -- it's dead to
the world as far as I can tell.

Is anybody else who's crazy enough to run a yummed fedora experiencing
this, or have a clue stick you'd care to hit me with?

Thanks,
  / Todd_Lewis@unc.edu  919-445-9302  http://www.unc.edu/~utoddl /
 /                Acupuncture is a jab well done.               /