[OpenAFS-devel] FreeBSD client not building

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Thu, 9 Jun 2011 01:23:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 06:31:41PM -0400, Garrett Wollman wrote:
>> The FreeBSD client hasn't built in about a week.  Please see
>> <http://buildbot.openafs.org:8010/builders/freebsd82-amd64-builder>.
>> The problem (based solely on the error messages) appears to be a
>> reference to the nonexistent SCARG macro added to afs_pioctl.c in
>> Gerrit #4661 (I3d1aa0b2), in a debugging printf.
>>

> Indeed.  That line was added in 4661 and is specific to debugging on
> NetBSD.  New changeset on the way...
>
> Also, why wasn't this caught by buildbot during review?  :-)

Without looking at the code, if it's in an XBSD_ENV block, that limits the
scope somewhat so that (e.g.) a linux buildbot wouldn't catch the error.

The FreeBSD buildbots are not (or were not at some point) powerful enough
to build all submitted patches, so instead are configured to just build
master daily.  This is still useful, but requires that the output go
somewhere useful, which is currently debatable.  (I think it's just a
website that one can visit, with no email going anywhere.)

Thanks to Garrett for checking periodically!

-Ben