[OpenAFS-devel] Re: adding "make check" to build slaves

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:26:35 -0400

<<On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 08:17:14 -0400, Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> said:

> Its quite simple really.  You ask each of the builder owners to run make
> check on their system before you turn it on.   We know that "make check"
> does not work across the board.  It never has.  That is why it wasn't
> turned on previously.

It's not quite so simple, really.  Currently, "make check" does a lot
of building in the process of testing things, and these test harnesses
really should be built and tested the same way as other parts of the
code base are built and tested -- otherwise the code will just rot, as
it clearly has already.

(All of the test harnesses build on FreeBSD 9.0 except for
superuser-t.c, which fails due to some problem with DES.)

-GAWollman