[OpenAFS-devel] adding "make check" to build slaves

Simon Wilkinson simonxwilkinson@gmail.com
Tue, 10 Apr 2012 22:18:45 +0100

<jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> said:
>=20
>> I don't see how requiring that builder owners demonstrate that "make
>> check" works on their system prior to adding "make check" to that =
system
>> in the buildbot is contrary to testing the test harnesses.
>=20
> You are failing to make the fundamental distinction between testing
> that the test harnesses build, which is simple, takes very little
> time, and should just be done as a part of the normal build process,

I suspect we should add _building_ the test suite to the standard 'make =
all' target. Running it can then be the responsibility of 'make check'. =
This should give us the distinction between make sure that the test =
suite can build everywhere, and making sure that the tests actually =
pass.

Anyone want to write a patch that does this? We can resolve the various =
per-platform issues as buildbot reports them to us.

Cheers,

Simon.