[OpenAFS-devel] Large partition (>2TB) support

Ben Howell howellbp@gmail.com
Tue, 21 Aug 2012 14:07:05 -0500

I asked about this a while back, though I can't find my original thread.
I rolled out a new development cluster of AFS servers, one of which is a
10TB storage array with two 4TB partitions and a handful of smaller
ones. I remember that the recommended server version was 1.6.1-1 from
Debian backports (I'm on Squeeze), but I'm still seeing negative values
on these two partitions. I'm running an experiment right now, copying a
~3TB archive from another server to see if the Windows "out of space"
bug still exists because of the negative values being reported.

Is there a newer version of the server code available? If so, what's the
timeframe on getting it into a Debian repository? Should I be looking at
Wheezy instead of Squeeze?

  - Ben