[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Large partition (>2TB) support

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 22 Aug 2012 09:55:08 -0500

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 22:50:56 -0400
Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@your-file-system.com> wrote:

> On 8/21/2012 10:11 PM, Ben Howell wrote:
> > If it's cosmetic then it's not a problem. It's the Windows client
> > we're having problems with (1.7.14 on server 1.4.11). We have two
> > 4TB partitions that are reporting being out of space when they're
> > only 1/2 full. All of the non-Windows clients work fine; I just
> > remember that the issue was tied to the fact that when the Windows
> > client checks for space, the server returns a negative value. I was
> > wondering if that had been fixed since server 1.6.1-1.

Sorry, yeah, Jeff is right; I hadn't kept track of that Windows thing.

> Patches for both 1.4.x and 1.6.x have been pushed into the repository.
> You can apply them locally and rebuild your file servers.
>
> There is no scheduled date for 1.6.2.
>
> The 1.6 commit is a64864529d1fca2b5a3f4d21ec598982be335368.

Or it may be desirable that that is included in the debian packaging.
You could file a bug against the debian package, unless Russ gets to it
just from this thread.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net