[OpenAFS-devel] IPv6 Status

Simon Wilkinson simonxwilkinson@gmail.com
Sat, 25 Feb 2012 23:35:24 +0000

In previous emails to this list I've outlined the necessary changes to suppo=
rt IPv6. Unless someone is sitting on a cache of unreleased code, none of th=
ese have yet been implemented.

In addition, IPv6 will require new VL RPCs. OpenAFS has committed to using t=
he afs3-stds process for this RPC set. So, consensus would have to be achiev=
ed on a draft documenting IPv6 capable RPCs before any code changes implemen=
ting them can be merged. To date, no draft exists.

Cheers,

Simon