[OpenAFS-devel] IPv6 Status

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 28 Feb 2012 09:54:51 -0500

while possibly not a huge concern for the afs community, the US
government is requiring ipv6 capability on future and current services.

from http://www.cio.gov/documents/IPv6memofinal.pdf,

Upgrade public/external facing servers and services (e.g. web, email, DNS, ISP
services, etc) to operationally use native IPv6 by the end of FY 20121;

Upgrade internal client applications that communicate with public Internet
servers and supporting enterprise networks to operationally use native IPv6
by the end of FY 2014;

it is distressing to the admins to tell their managers "it can't be
done" for afs.