[OpenAFS-devel] Gerrit and 'committer' vs 'author'

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Sun, 26 Feb 2012 23:36:20 -0600

I sometimes work from several machines, and I would find it handy to be
able to have the 'committer' field in my changesets reflect the machine
I did the commit on, but since my laptop, for instances, doesn't generally
receive mail, I can't easily add 'hozer@six.hozed.org' to Gerrit as
another email address..

hozer@six:~/src/openafs-fuse-git$ git log --committer=hozer@six.hozed.org
commit ebcc7944cc8bd6c7a2e251609b4c006dc3e44823
Author: Troy Benjegerdes <hozer@hozed.org>
Date:   Sun Feb 26 22:56:06 2012 -0600

    Add some basic tests to check out fuse

    Change-Id: I8ca05ac4eb9b56a6ffab03bf83ea342134cac79f

Is there any other option besides 'rewrite or redo the changeset' (which
I'm waiting for the rewrite to finish), or 'no do not do that'?

Troy Benjegerdes                 'da hozer'                hozer@hozed.org
7 elements Farm						TerraCarbo biofuels

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~ Winston Churchill

The challenge in changing the world is not in having great ideas, it's in
having stupid simple ideas, as those are the ones that cause change.