[OpenAFS-devel] Announcing "ParkBench"

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Sun, 25 Nov 2012 16:54:44 -0500

On 11/25/2012 01:08 PM, Booker Bense wrote:
> I've been working on a project to use Vagrant to automate some of the
> process of working on OpenAFS source code.
>
> https://github.com/bbense/ParkBench
>
> My goal is to eventually use Vagrant to create a mini-cell for testing.
> That's a long way off. Right now, I'm working on creating a multi-os build
> environment.
>
> It's in very early stages right now, but I'd welcome any feedback.
>
> - Booker C. Bense

Hi Booker,

Thanks for doing this. It looks like you're trying to have separate
build and installation modules...is that correct? What is the end-goal?

Do you plan to have openafs checkout from git, build a package, and
publish the packages to a repo? If so, I suggest having an option for
specifying the branch or git commit to use.

Do you plan to publish the cookbooks on the chef community website when
it's fully baked?

I know practically nothing about chef...I'm learning puppet instead.

Sincerely,
Jason