[OpenAFS-devel] Announcing "ParkBench"

Booker Bense bbense@gmail.com
Sun, 25 Nov 2012 17:54:40 -0800

--bcaec54ee7286ba5b504cf5c374a

It's more a try stuff and see where it goes. The ideal end point would be a
mini-cell run in VM's in which you
could do actual functional tests. I'm not sure I'll get there, but I think
just supporting developers building on
more than platform easily seems like progress.

I'm still figuring out the install after build step.

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com>wrote:

> On 11/25/2012 01:08 PM, Booker Bense wrote:
>
>> I've been working on a project to use Vagrant to automate some of the
>> process of working on OpenAFS source code.
>>
>> https://github.com/bbense/**ParkBench<https://github.com/bbense/ParkBench>
>>
>> My goal is to eventually use Vagrant to create a mini-cell for testing.
>> That's a long way off. Right now, I'm working on creating a multi-os build
>> environment.
>>
>> It's in very early stages right now, but I'd welcome any feedback.
>>
>> - Booker C. Bense
>>
>>  Hi Booker,
>
> Thanks for doing this. It looks like you're trying to have separate build
> and installation modules...is that correct? What is the end-goal?
>
> Do you plan to have openafs checkout from git, build a package, and
> publish the packages to a repo? If so, I suggest having an option for
> specifying the branch or git commit to use.
>
> Do you plan to publish the cookbooks on the chef community website when
> it's fully baked?
>
> I know practically nothing about chef...I'm learning puppet instead.
>
> Sincerely,
> Jason

--bcaec54ee7286ba5b504cf5c374a

It&#39;s more a try stuff and see where it goes. The ideal end point would =
be a mini-cell run in VM&#39;s in which you<div>could do actual functional =
tests. I&#39;m not sure I&#39;ll get there, but I think just supporting dev=
elopers building on=A0</div>
12 at 1:54 PM, Jason Edgecombe <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jaso=
n@rampaginggeek.com" target=3D"_blank">jason@rampaginggeek.com</a>&gt;</spa=
n> wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div class=3D"HOEnZb"><div class=3D"h5">On 1=
1/25/2012 01:08 PM, Booker Bense wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
I&#39;ve been working on a project to use Vagrant to automate some of the<b=
r>
process of working on OpenAFS source code.<br>
My goal is to eventually use Vagrant to create a mini-cell for testing.<br>
That&#39;s a long way off. Right now, I&#39;m working on creating a multi-o=
s build<br>
environment.<br>
It&#39;s in very early stages right now, but I&#39;d welcome any feedback.<=
br>
- Booker C. Bense<br>
Hi Booker,<br>
Thanks for doing this. It looks like you&#39;re trying to have separate bui=
ld and installation modules...is that correct? What is the end-goal?<br>
Do you plan to have openafs checkout from git, build a package, and publish=
 the packages to a repo? If so, I suggest having an option for specifying t=
he branch or git commit to use.<br>
Do you plan to publish the cookbooks on the chef community website when it&=
#39;s fully baked?<br>
I know practically nothing about chef...I&#39;m learning puppet instead.<br=

Sincerely,<br>
Jason<br>