[OpenAFS-devel] openafs master problem with OSX?

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2012 13:27:26 -0500

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Troy Benjegerdes <hozer@hozed.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 11:24:45PM -0500, Derrick Brashear wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Troy Benjegerdes <hozer@hozed.org> wrote:
>> > Has anyone built the master tree on OSX recently?
>>
>> Yup, pretty much daily.
>
> Is there a build log posted someplace?

In buildbot, on the timed slave, yes.

> I think I'm missing
> some tool, and the afs.kext doesn't seem to have anything in it.

> Should ./regen.sh && ./configure && make packages work, or
> is there more magic I need?

better switches to configure, ARCHFLAGS, and making packages as root
(after making dest as root or not; sadly in order to build the pkg in
the dmg with the kext owned correctly, you need to be root)

better yet, it's in the archives.

https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/port-darwin/2011-August/001373.html

I'm sure you'll suggest changing configure and/or make somehow. Before
you do, I'll save you the trouble:
if every version of xcode was capable of the same things as every
other version even for a given OS version,
we could. It's not. So if you have a patch which works for you, use
it. But it will need considerable testing before you
should expect everyone else to use it.