[OpenAFS-devel] openafs master problem with OSX?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Tue, 27 Nov 2012 12:47:05 -0600

> > Should ./regen.sh && ./configure && make packages work, or
> > is there more magic I need?
>
> better switches to configure, ARCHFLAGS, and making packages as root
> (after making dest as root or not; sadly in order to build the pkg in
> the dmg with the kext owned correctly, you need to be root)
>
> better yet, it's in the archives.
>
> https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/port-darwin/2011-August/001373.html
>
> I'm sure you'll suggest changing configure and/or make somehow. Before
> you do, I'll save you the trouble:
> if every version of xcode was capable of the same things as every
> other version even for a given OS version,
> we could. It's not. So if you have a patch which works for you, use
> it. But it will need considerable testing before you
> should expect everyone else to use it.

At least in Debian, which has an openafs package, I can file a bug somewhere
about whatever the silly thing that changed that broke ./configure, and the
developer who made the change actually might care enough to think about why
it broke.

I'm not even going to pretend to think that anyone at Apple actually cares
if they break the OpenAFS build with an xcode/OSX/etc change.

For OSX, can we update http://openafs.org/macos.html to point to a
wiki page, and then I'll put a link to the archive, so that I can find
it right away when looking for a MacOSX package?