[OpenAFS-devel] Moving Forwards

Steve Simmons scs@umich.edu
Mon, 10 Sep 2012 11:10:34 -0400

On Sep 9, 2012, at 9:15 AM, Simon Wilkinson wrote:

> We should dramatically increase the number of people who can provide =
+2 reviews in gerrit. My proposal here is that this would be open to =
anyone who has demonstrated an interest in OpenAFS and an understanding =
of some of the code. Say anyone who has contributed more than 2 patches. =
The understanding would be that people only provide +2 reviews for code =
that they are confident is correct, in a section of the codebase that =
they have a reasonable knowledge of.

While I might quibble with 'more than two' (barely clearing that bar =
myself), I strongly agree with the proposal as a whole. If we set the =
barriers too low, it's easy enough to raise them a bit. It's easy to =
justify such increases when we can base them on real problems. (wry =
grin)

Steve=