IPv6 strawman plan: Re: [OpenAFS-devel] Moving Forwards

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Mon, 10 Sep 2012 10:26:27 -0500

Am I going to have any problems with trademark nonsense if I call
this 'AFS6', and use the same ports, but only on IPv6 addresses?
I don't mean to produce a throw-away implementation, but I also
do not want to confuse anyone that this is anything other than
alpha-use-at-your-own-risk software. (but hey, gmail's been 'beta'
for years) .... What should I call an ipv6 prototype?

I would like to have a working code that I can run regression tests
against before proposing a standard that interoperates with AFS3
and ipv4.