[OpenAFS-devel] red hat 6 2.6.32-358.20.1.el6.x86_64 kernel

Todd Lewis utoddl@email.unc.edu
Mon, 07 Oct 2013 11:32:03 -0400

On 10/07/2013 11:09 AM, Gary Buhrmaster sent:
> On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Todd Lewis <utoddl@email.unc.edu> wrote:
>> Ah, so that explains why the Fedora kmod stream on rpmfusion has dried up.
>> Life on the bleeding edge, pick your poison, etc. Good to know the reason,
>> though. Thanks.
>
> A number of packages on rpmfusion dried up, but that was because
> the rpmfusion build systems are (or were) down/broken for a number
> of weeks (actually the builders were working, it was something about
> moving the results to the appropriate file server/backend).  I have
> heard that the build system has been restored, but any package
> maintainers are going to have to resubmit everything to get them to
> rebuild.  There was also a discussion of taking the opportunity to
> move rpmfusion from using plague to use koji, but I am not sure that
> has been completed too.
>
> Gary

I have no reason to doubt you; you clearly know more about the rpmfusion
situation than I do. But the Fedora 19 box I'm typing this on was getting
regular kmod-openafs updates reasonably shortly after kernels showed up
through yum-cron, and they abruptly stopped at the 3.10.x->3.11.y kernel
transition. Up to that point rpmfusion seemed to me to be working as
intended, at least for openafs.

BTW, thanks to whomever you are out there that makes that happen. It is
appreciated.

Todd