[OpenAFS-devel] buildbot compile with --enable pthreaded-bos option

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Fri, 27 Sep 2013 15:36:35 -0400

On 09/27/2013 03:09 PM, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> In other buildbot news, in gerrit/10291, Chas/I have added the
> --enable-pthreaded-bos configure option, which is disabled by
> default.  Is there a reasonable way to have the buildslaves do a build
> with it enabled? I think I could create a dummy "do not submit" commit
> which enables it by default, just to get the build logs, but I was
> wondering if there's a better way.

I can change the compile commands on the slaves, but it depends on how
we want to proceed. Here are some options:

  * change one or more builders to enable the configure option
  * add new builders with the compile options with or without being
gerrit-triggered
  * just keep rebasing a gerrit commit as you've done now.

FYI, a builder is just a set commands that is run on one of more build
slaves. Each builder drives a separate compile on the slave(s). If I
schedule pthreaded and non-pthreaded builders on the same slave, then 2
builds will happen on the same slave and possibly slow things down.

Thanks,
Jason